Wednesday 19 June 2013

12 Days in China. Day 12: What we Brits do best...



I met our Factory Director for afternoon tea today at the Peninsula Hotel, Kowloon. It's a beautiful hotel, a bit pricey, but if you have some budget left it's worth having high tea just for the experience.

For two, this was $350 HKD -ish each (around £35) and it was nice to talk about work, life and relax for a bit. By the second level up of the cake tray I was already full so it took a couple of food comas to get through. Make sure you get there early... The queue was very long. It starts at 2pm – 6pm and apparently at weekends you can end up queueing for hours. Also, there's a dress code so no shorts or flip flops.




Today has been a very rainy day and to put it into context, here are a few pictures. Fortunately our Factory Director loaned me his umbrella, but I was still soaked and my hair, in this humidity, was inconsolable.



I can't help but think that the universe is trying to prepare me for the British summertime...

Time to head to the airport and, being on standby, I've been a bit nervous all day that I won't get on the flight as it's very full. I've learned the hard way in life not to get stressed about things you can't control, so it's there in the back of my mind, but if the worst comes to the worst, I can always try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment